So today at lunch on my third or fourth trip back and forth between the kitchen and dining room, my son says "Mom, I was thinking. Maybe after Dad finishes the basement, his next project should be building a conveyor belt between the kitchen and the dining room so we wouldn't have to get up so much."
I love it. He is always thinking. I love even more that he has no concept of how long anything will take (like his Dad, I guess). Dan and I have been putting up 2-3 boards a night, so I am thinking that we are on track to finish the basement in time for our grandchildren to come play there. And, although the conveyor belt is ingenious, I hope one day we will have a breakfast bar where I can just stand and dole out the goods (again, likely to happen for the next generation).
None the less, I was entertained by his quick thinking. Of course, he went on to explain that it will need a robotic arm if it is really going to put the dishes in the dishwasher and wipe the table and do the whole job. By the end of the discussion what he was really describing was a grown-up robot who will come and cook and clean for us. Better hope it's a tall one, so maybe he can wash all the windows around here too!