I know this is not Picasso or anything, but I had to scan in my new favorite artwork before the artist put it away in his "portfolio" (which he created at the make-shift desk in his room). I am so proud of him and his new found creativity! Drew has never been one to be interested in fine motor anything (as his still primitive letters will demonstrate). Since starting school this year, he has just blossomed. He comes home each day with a new idea and it is hard for me to keep up. His most recent question: "why are we here?" (a post for another day). Anyway, yesterday in art they worked on making trees. He came home and set up his work station all by himself, mixing paints and working away. While I was silently trying with all my might not to comment on the enormous mess he was creating, he was independently working. I am so glad I kept my thoughts to myself. If I had stopped him, I may never have gotten to see this new masterpiece by Drew!
