1.02.2010

He Noticed!

This morning Drew crawled into bed with me and the first thing he said? "Mom, you are the nicest mom around." "Naaahhhh" I said, secretly hoping he would go on to assure me it is true. "There are probably a lot of moms nicer than me." I thought he was judging me based solely on my mom-power. He quickly responded, "no, Mom, you really are so nice. I've noticed you are nice to everyone you ever meet." I, of course, know this isn't true - no one is perfect. But I do try hard to be kind to all and not judge too much. I was blown away that he has actually noticed this...I guess we can lead by example. I will confess...I feel a bit like Junie B. Jones - there are a lot of conversations that go on in my own head. But, if no one is the wiser, does it really matter? I love that boy!